Share This Page

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Confirmation from oshun






 March 29,2013

Oshun sends me a visual Confirmation of her ever presence in my life.
On Friday 29, of 2013 a very special event occur, as some of you may know this date is Holy friday
or passover friday, I had been worrying about a major problem in my life, I had been feeling my spiritual energy slipping, I was so depressed that I started smoking cigarettes, a habit I had stopped so long ago, I was just a emotional reck, I was losing hope, my faith was questionable. while sitting out on my porch contemplating the worst, fantasizing the worst outcome, I drew my heart and attention to call upon oshun, I say in a loud voice, Mother you told me in ITA that when the world didn't want me to want you! when I didn't want the world! to want you! that although my father or mother didn't want me, to want and believe in you! Mother I need a side that you are with me, that you are walking this journey with me, I need a sign, I need evidence that you are real! I was broken.

My brother called me in to have dinner and watch a movie, we did. I decided to rest, My brother heads out to walk my dog (Maximus), at his return he charges in the room and tells me Dan! there are two Large birds walking in front of your house by the car port and they have a weird crown, as if they are peacocks!, one is all white, I said thats impossible first peacocks are colorful and what would peacocks be doing walking my yard, he convinces me to see for myself, all this time, I had forgotten my request to oshun.

I walked out to the yard, to my amazement two beautiful peacocks,  one all in white, I told my brother help me catch them! All we really did was usher them into the gated backyard.  I told my brother this is a sign from oshun, I had asked her for a sign and she sends me her favorite birds, and just to assure me that this is more than a coincidence one of them the male is white.

oshun is my crowning Orisa and my father figure, guardian orisa is Obatala, King of the white cloth. Anything and everything that is pure & white belongs to Obatala. How clearer could the message be. Weeks passed as I waited for someone to calm them.no one ever did, all this time. still with some apprehension I didn't give them names. I didn't want to become attach to them then have someone come along and calm them. One morning I noticed the true beauty of these birds, I said If they showed up here after me asking for a sign and oshun sending me. not just any sign but her favorite birds, Birds that are representative of the queen of beauty. they are gifts, I will care for them as I have been entrusted to care for my mothers symbolic messengers.

I looked at the white peacock and asked myself what would I name you? I thought a moment, it came to me, these birds were a symbol of faith, to never lose faith in the divine.  I named them in yoruba language. The white, became "Temi Igbagbo" translation "I have Faith" I thought of the females name to be, and thought I have always wanted these animals, it came to me, "Emi ala mushe" translation  "My dreams fulfilled"
A few months later on september 6 the day of yemaya, the female disappears, I get into a frantic worry, I tell my brother if something happens to that bird oshun will have my hyde,  I must find her, I have all the neighbors on the lookout for the bird, she was no where to be found, I was a pure mess I once again looked to the heavens and said Oshun please! I didn't want the bird to be hurt nor did I want to be punished, I got the thought if the female left the male would leave me too then everything I had worked so hard for oshun would take it all back, I decided to obtain a peacock to keep faith with companionship, I brought home a male all beautiful, blue chested peacock. faith now had a friend till I could arrange to find a new female. I beg oshun all day asking for forgiveness, I told her I didn't do it on purpose, that yes  it was my fault not locking the gates but to please forgive me and that I had brought her a beautiful blue male. The day ended  the following day was Oshuns day, that morning I was awaken by the peacocks screaming, I jumped out of bed expecting the worst. To my surprise I now had three peacocks, My dreams fulfilled had returned. I celebrated with praise to oshun, praised the Orisa, but then thought Okay now what! The second male I named him "Lewa"
"Beauty"
Oshun and I are happy.


This is one of many experiences, I have had with Oshun, She has saved my life, and guarded me with a careful loving eye.  Any time doubt tries to creep in I head out to the yard and look for the citizens as I call them and say, I have faith! oshun makes sure that my dreams are fulfilled. Oshun is watching me, oshun provides me stability.



Oshun mi esegun.

No comments:

Post a Comment