Share This Page

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Holy Basil Tulsi basil


Holy Basil
Ocimum tenuiflorum
view
Tulsi Basil-"The incomparable one".

This basil is considered Holy basil by many, because of its medicinal benefits for many conditions, Diabetes,High cholesterol, Stress and Anxiety.Catarrhal inflammation of a mucous membrane,especially of the respiratory tract, that produces excessive secretions. (Recipe)

It’s the best solution for many ailments in ayurvedic medicine. I can understand why in the Hindu religion this is so revered. In Hindu its one of the Goddess Lakshmi  avatars.

Great recipe for those seasonal coughs when mixed with the fight power of ginger and sweeten with honey.
row ounces of Tulsi basil. Fresh ginger honey or your favorite sweeten you may want to try Coconut syrup.
Order at www.santoproducts.com

My personal experience:
I found out about this basil well I stumbled on it, while looking for plants to add to my butterfly garden, I purchased two genes, The green Ram Tulsi and Holy, as additions to my herb garden, one day looking for holistic relief for a friend, I found this amazing plant, I read up on it and I decided to test its abilities, so I grabbed 16 leaves of the Ram and of the purple (Holy) PS both are tusli ones green one is purple) and juiced it in my Nija Blender, I added some Kalanchoe and drank the fresh juice. I started feeling the effects quickly, my mood had changed, at that moment I was stressing out about life issues and I felt calm and at peace. Noticing that this was one of its benifits and drank more, and i felt very awesome, but about an hour later, I was very tired and sleepy. It had lowered my blood pressure and my glucose, I needed sugar. I drank a espresso which is a favorite of my and ate food and I felt normal again. but it didn't end there,
My mom is a diabetic and recently told me of her levels of insulin and her stress, and this and that, I told mom go to a health food store and purchase holy basil, it did all these things for me maybe you may benefit for it. She did, good thing mom always listen to my holistic advice.  I called her in the morning and she said ‘ I have not felt better in years’ “this is amazing. I said “I know, she ask if i could sell her the fresh stuff I said I have not yet produced a crop large enough, but my god I am already clearing land just for this herb to sell fresh.  (mom purchased pill forms from a yurdiveric store in New York, Nanuet Route 59, if you live in the area.

We now currently have it fresh for those of you that wish to experience it at  a fresh organic level)

Leaves also contain flavonoids, tannins, saponins, sterols, carbohydrates, proteins and triterpenoids . These chemical constituents are mainly responsible for various biological activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment